I am:· a mathematician and philosopher of religion
· a Professor at the College of Graduate Studies of the Union Institute and University, Cincinnati, Ohio
· a Member of Harris Manchester College, Oxford University
· editor of the series "Theology and the Sciences" for Fortress Press.
· founding editor of Science & Spirit Magazine and its companion website
My interests focus on the bridges of common concern between that broad church "science" and the other side of the gulf, the more traditional faiths.
Besides edited works, numerous articles and papers, my books include:· From Science to an Adequate Mythology
· David Bohm's World: New Physics and New Religion
· Sleuthing the Divine: The Nexus of Science and Spirit
· Natural Morality: Reaping Our Innate Rewards (to appear)
· Love and Happiness: Spiritual Thought in the Light of Behavioral Genetics and Neurochemistry (with Rebecca Bryant) (to appear)
I was born in 1950 in New Zealand, lived in the United States for 13 years, and now reside in Oxford, England.
My academic background includes two doctorates, one in mathematics (from La Trobe University, Melbourne, Australia) and one in religious studies (from Boston University). Prehistoric archaeology (especially cave art) also interests me a great deal.
I am an Episcopal (or Anglican) priest.